Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cupcakes To Go!





While my husband was out hiking this morning I decided to take my son out to breakfast.  Being a mother of two sons, one is 25 the other is 20,  I reserve these special moments to catch up on what they are doing over breakfast.   On our way to our favorite breakfast eatery I spotted a small sign with the words "Cupcake To Go!"  I immediately thought I never seen a cupcake shop on our Main Street before but realized it is a cupcake shop right off of our Main St area.  I was intrigued and said to my son after breakfast let's stop in.  

After making a right off of Main Street in Keller I came upon the shop which is run out of a vintage house complete with a charming front porch, along with other quaint shops on the same street. 

Upon entering it felt quaint and friendly.  I was greeted by a very nice women standing behind the bakery case where all the cupcakes were on display.  She runs the shop on Saturday's.   I was intriqued by the various variety of cupcakes and was on cupcake sensory overload (which is a good thing!).  I asked her about the shop.

Established in 2004, Cupcake To Go!  is owned by Susan Moskal who bakes fresh everyday cupcakes, cookies and cakes.  She also, does custom orders and looking at her portfolio her cakes are beautiful.  Her cupcakes are light and moist (just the way a cupcake should be) and she bakes a variety of flavors to suit any palate.  I sampled the Red Velvet Cupcake, Pina Colada Cupcake, and the Strawberry Cupcake.  The Red Velvet Cupcake is rich and moist with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pina Colada was moist and rich with fresh pineapple and rum baked into the cupcake (absolutely delicious) and the Strawberry Cupcake was also rich and moist with a delightful strawberry flavor in the cake and buttercreme frosting!  


I treasure little shops like this because I know a lot of love and passion goes into these cupcakes.   If you are ever in Keller, TX visit her cute cupcake shop at:  Cupcakes To Go! 238 Olive Street, Keller, TX  76248 ph: 817-798-8062
Store hours:  Tues-Sat 10-3 or by appointment for special orders.  They also have a Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment