Saturday, July 17, 2010
Blogger Award Nominees
Today we found out that we had received the The Versatile Blogger Award from our friends at The Ardent Epicure at www.theardentepicure.com It is a nice surprise to be acknowledged, since we are still a young blog, by a beautiful blog like The Ardent Epicure and we are truly honored and we thank them!
The Guidelines for accepting this award are:
- Thank the person who gave it to you.
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered,
and think are fantastic!
7 Things We Would Like to Share About Us:
1. We love motorcycle's and husband has a Harley Sportster
2. We are a family of two sons, Alex is 25 and is currently in the
Marine Reserves. Jason is 20 and currently a junior at University
of North Texas.
3. We have two dogs Abby a.k.a Miss. Mule (pointer beagle mix) and Bailey a.k.a Bad Boy Bailey (shih tzu)
4. Our names our Rowland and Ronnie a.k.a RnR
5. Married 5/2002, honeymooned at Martha's Vineyard
6. Ronnie works with special needs children part time
7. Rowland works in the financial field for a large brokerage firm
Our 15 Choices for recently discovered bloggers:
1. A Happy Girl & Loving Life www.archintrain.blogspot.com
Love this Jersey girl's approach to good eats, and sharing her light hearted stories along with great recipes and food photos.
2. Simply Maran www.simplymaran.com
Her blog promotes eating healthy, sharing her healthy lifestyle while attending college.
3. My Life As a Mrs. www.kristinawiley.blogspot.com
A beautiful blog documenting a newly married brides life, beautiful stories and photos.
4. Joseph's Grainery www.josephsgrainery.com
This blog is all about creating beautiful recipes with wheat, barley and lentils. Great stories and recipes.
5. The Mom Chef www.themomchef.blogspot.com
I can totally relate to this blog because I to am a magazine collector. This mom documents recipes made in her test kitchen from home that she gets from magazines she has collected. Great stories and photos
6. Chef Dennis - More than a Mount Full www.morethanamountfull.blogspot.com
I know why Chef Dennis receives numerous awards, he has a warmth and sense of humor that is very evident in his blog posts. When we started our blog he was our first follower. I look to him for inspiration and love visiting his blog and you should to!
7. Monet - Anedotes and Apple Cores www.anedotesandapples.weebly.com
I love Monet's baked goods, she shares a warmth through each of her recipes and beautiful photo's. We are big fans!
8. Weekend Food Projects www.weekendfoodprojects.com
A blog dedicated to food and photography. This blog is a mix of beautiful recipes and food.
9. Bittersweet Blog www.bittersweetsugarandsarcasm.blogspot.com
I have to say this is one of my favorite blogs. Rick cracks me up with his great sense of humor, and his very different twist on food keeps us coming back!
10. Baking Serendipity www.bakingserendipity.blogspot.com
Great family recipes and good conversation with beautiful food photos.
11. Queen Bee Eats For A Day www.queenbeeeatsforaday.wordpress.com
Beautiful recipes and photos accompanied by great stories.
12. The College Critic www.collegecritic.wordpress.com
An insight on a college students prospective on bland college food. Beautifully documented.
13. The Voice of Joyce www.voiceofjoyce.net
Fun filled blog with beautiful home baked goods recipes.
14. Foodalution www.foodalution.com
With an emphasis on a healthy lifestyle, Megan takes a fresh and healthy food and turns them into delicious recipes.
15. JoeynGoy www.joeyngoy.com
Simple and straight forward approach to food. The recipes and food are beautiful. Makes me want to cook!
If you haven't already visited these blogs, stop by and visit them!